Sunday, April 7, 2013

Sunday Afternoon

Just below this is the newspaper column for this week's San Saba News and Star. As soon as I emailed the column off to the newspaper and posted it here, I went looking for the really-cool-because-it's-so-obviously-vintage Red Heart Yarn granny square afghan that we inherited a year and a half ago. I wanted to post a pic of it along with the column. But alas, I stood at the edge of the massive pile of…stuff…on my husband's side of the office and was too fearful to dive in. I think I'll go get a cup of coffee and muster my courage.

Meanwhile, I am determined to master free-motion quilting on my home machine. So much so that I have signed up for THREE Craftsy classes on the topic. And I took two classes on it at IQF Houston this past fall. Since I can't find the afghan, I'll post pics of my Houston class projects. One has been made into a wall-hanging and one into a cover for my Bible. Meanwhile, has anyone else taken Craftsy classes? I hope they work because my local quilt group is expecting me to teach them how to free motion quilt in two months!

From my class with Lois T. Smith
From my class with David Taylor

No comments:

Post a Comment