Wednesday, September 4, 2013

WIP Wednesday

For those who are not quilters, WIP stands for Works In Progress. I much prefer this over the other, not so nice, quilting acronym, UFO (UnFinished Objects). The Austin Modern Quilt Guild puts out a call for WIP reports every Wednesday, so here is mine for this week:

Of the many, many WIPs I have around the house right now, here are a few I have out and active currently--
The quilt top for my next Craftsy class, a Leah Day FMQ Fillers class.
Using up another of those little Moda Candies from QuiltCon! I want to make a sleeve for the two books next the patchwork. I'm trying to decide just how fancy I want this to be. I'm thinking I'll do a little quilting on the two patchwork panels, then make the gusset and closure out of natural canvas. Still working this one out in my head, obviously. 

See that leaf in the middle? That's all that stands between me and finishing this needle turn Hawaiian appliqué. I bought this kit at the Houston Festival last year. I think it may become a pillow. 

No comments:

Post a Comment